You can determine that ‘Aha Moment; for users – what actions indicate that a user will be a loyal adopter of your product – by setting up a retention chart.
To set this up in Heap, complete the following steps:
1. Navigate to Analyze > Retention and ensure Retention Analysis is selected in the first drop-down
2. Select the two events you’d like to use to analyze engagement behavior
As an example in Heap, we may want to see how often users view a chart (just like you’re doing right now!)
3. Group by Users who have done a count of this event
4. Click View results to generate a line chart of results
5. Use the Chart Type switcher to switch to a table chart
Reviewing the retention table, we may predict that someone is more likely to be an avid user of the Heap if they view a chart more than ten times.
Once you identify the magic number for your aha moment, you can focus your efforts to get users to the point through marketing campaigns, changes in product education, and changes in your UX.