For everything you need to know about definition types in Heap, including events, segments, properties, and Snapshots.
- Events overview
- What is a “raw event”?
- How to define events for web, mobile, react, and angular apps
- Does Heap support the wildcard * character in event definitions?
- Updating and organizing events
- How to capture multiple versions of an event
- How to combine events using a combo event
- How to use custom events to build new events
- How do I know if my event is working?
- Archiving, deleting, and restoring events
- Capture Size of Item When Added To Cart (Single Event on Page) via Snapshots
- Snapshots overview
- Capture Name of Item When Item is Clicked (Multiple Events on Page) via Snapshots
- Capture Company Name From Sign Up Form (Text Input Field) via Snapshots
- Capture Search Queries via Snapshots
- Capture Radio Form Value via Snapshots
- Capture Screen Dimensions via Snapshots
- Capture Screen Resolution via Snapshots
- Capture Orientation via Snapshots
- Using Snapshotted Data in Custom Properties
- Pageview Snapshots
- I don’t see all property values in the filter drop-down. Why is this?
- Why am I seeing duplicate events or session IDs?
- I can’t get visual labeling (web) to work. Why?
- How do I figure out the purpose of an event that was created by someone else?
- Why do I see events and users from the future?
- What’s the difference between a property and an initial property, ex. Marketing Channel versus Initial Marketing Channel?
- How do I get the Marketing Channel/Initial Marketing Channel defined properties?
- Why is my Marketing Channel or Initial Marketing Channel property not classifying traffic as expected?
- How are UTM parameters captured?
- How can I check if a definition is server-side or client-side?
- Why would the timestamp of an install event come before the user’s date first seen?
- If I have identical event definitions, which one “wins” to be shown in Users View or my live data feed?
- Why do only some Segment events get a Segment logo?
- I saw a custom event in my live data feed, but I can’t find that event anywhere in Heap.
- Why do pageview Snapshots return so many “none” values?