Heap’s Tealium integration enables sending all user properties and events in your data layer to Heap, allowing you to leverage Tealium’s Universal Data Hub. This Universal Data Hub connects your mobile, web, offline, and other data sources together with every vendor integration.
With Heap’s Tealium source, you’ll be able to:
- Understand what drives feature engagement and customer retention.
- Find bottlenecks in sign up and onboarding flows.
- Attribute conversion and identify the best performing marketing channels.
The Tealium integration was built by Tealium. For questions about implementation, we recommend contacting their support team via https://tealium.com/contact/.
To set up the Heap Tealium source, you’ll first need to add the Heap tag to your profile in Tealium’s Tag Marketplace and configure the following:
- Title: The default is “Heap”. You may replace it with a custom name of choice.
- Environment ID: You can find your corresponding environment ID on the Account > Manage > Projects page.
- String Delimiter (Optional): This is the default separator (semicolon) for passing an array as delimited strings. You may replace it with another delimiter of choice.
From there, you can provide Tealium a data mapping to Heap per their documentation instructions.
Once enabled, Heap will automatically capture all of the data included in our standard autocapture solution in addition to the following data from Tealium:
- Any custom events tracked via Tealium data mappings
- Any custom event properties via Tealium data mappings
- Any custom user properties via Tealium data mappings
Please refer to Tealium’s documentation for more information on the Heap Tealium Source.