As a product manager, your daily responsibilities vary. You may be in charge of maximizing product adoption, increasing engagement, or prioritizing product development. Product managers need to make important technical and business decisions, define and analyze success metrics, and integrate that analysis into product development.
When the time to make these crucial decisions arises, Heap provides the tools to enable you to answer your own questions autonomously. The time-consuming question-to-answer feedback loop no longer exists; you don’t have to wait for engineers to implement tracking code, for data to trickle in, or for a BI team to run queries on your behalf. It allows you to see correlations between actions, understand personas, and understand engagement based on user segments. It also gives you the flexibility to investigate user interaction with different parts of your product as questions come up – no tracking plan needed.
In this guide, we provide detailed instructions on how to determine actions that are important to your product, how to understand how different personas use your site or app, as well as a few other useful tips. After reading this, you should be able to:
- Decide what engagement metrics are important
- Determine the correlation between an interaction and conversion or retention rates
- Understand the flow of users through your app or site
- Define and understand user personas and cohorts
With this information, you will be able to:
- Define your product roadmap and support your decisions with data
- Decide whether a feature should be maintained or removed
- Fix usability bottlenecks
- Adapt your site/app to different types of users