Now that your data is set up, it’s time to bring your team into Heap and get started with analysis!
Share Your Strategy
To familiarize your team with Heap and their role, publish the rollout plan you crafted throughout this guide in an easily accessible place, like your internal wiki. This resource will help to reduce the friction involved with onboarding new teammates, and streamline the process of getting them up to speed with your Heap account and established data governance guidelines.
We recommend answering these questions and providing that information in your rollout doc:
- How will you onboard new users to Heap?
- What information will you include in your communications?
Invite Teammates & Set Permissions
Assigning the right levels of ownership is extremely important to a successful data governance strategy (which otherwise isn’t very useful if there’s no one to enforce it).
Users with Admin or Architect level permissions in Heap are jointly responsible for enforcing the guidelines you laid out above, and for maintaining and evolving your data governance strategy over time. You should be very clear about who is responsible for what.
We recommend completing this table as a first step to laying out the organization of your team. When inviting your team members, you’ll be prompted to assign their role, so it’s important to have this established beforehand.
When defining your team structure via the table above, we recommend answering the following questions:
- Which individual(s) are responsible for QAing and verifying events/segments/reports?
- Which individuals(s) are responsible for reviewing and correcting inactive events?
- Which individual(s) are responsible for communicating relevant account changes to the rest of the team?
- Which individual(s) should users reach out to for an invite to Heap?
- Which individual(s) internally own your Data Governance Strategy?
- <Add other domains of ownership not listed here if needed>
Dig Into Our Analysis Features and Examples
Once you’ve set up your team, we recommend jumping to the Conducting Analysis section of our Getting Started Video article for a brief overview of each of our analysis features, or checking out our Analyze Overview guide.
Looking for inspiration? Review our Customer Stories to learn about how similar brands are leveraging Heap to grow their business. See use cases for eCommerce, retail, SaaS, financial services, real estate, and more.
Have questions or feedback about this guide? Click on the options in ‘Was this article helpful?’ to send a message directly to our education team.