Session replay is an add-on feature for paying customers only. You may try the feature for free for 14 days or 10,000 sessions (whichever comes first), after which you must contact Sales to continue use.
Session replay is for Web only. Native mobile (Android, iOS) session replay is not currently supported but is on our roadmap.
Sometimes session replays aren’t available right away, or for every single session. Missing a certain replay, or not seeing replays appear for a particular user’s session or a funnel step? Some things to check include:
Issues that may prevent session replay capture
- Mobile app sessions. Heap doesn’t capture session replay on mobile app sessions.
- Server-side events or third-party events. We can show session replays of client-side events, but we cannot show session replays of server-side or third-party events (e.g. Shopify checkout events).
- Ad blockers. If the end user is using an ad blocker, it can prevent Heap from creating session replays of their session.
- Private browsing. If the end user restricts their cookies by using Incognito Mode or Private Browsing mode, it can prevent Heap from creating session replays of their session.
- Connection. If the end user had a slow internet connection, it can prevent Heap from creating session replays of their session.
Finding session replays in Heap
- Did the replay happen recently? It can take a couple hours for replays to process from the end of the user’s session. That’s why you may sometimes see sessions appear in Heap before the replays are available.
- Allowlists and blocklists. Check your allowlist and blocklist settings (Account > Manage > Session replay > Privacy and Security). Are you capturing replays on the right pages?
- Sampling rates. Limiting sampling rates can make the odds of finding a replay for a rare event even rarer.
- Date range. If you’re looking for session replays in funnels, journeys, or other charts, be sure to set the time range for that chart to be a time that overlaps with when session replay capture was on for your account.